The Problem Manager is responsible for reviewing, managing and remediating existing production problems and to proactively identify trends and potential problems to remove system related errors impacting SCL Health. This position also recommends process improvement activities as it relates to problem management. This person will be responsible for the ownership and coordination of actions of these problems. This person must have knowledge of business processes and systems to understand the impact of project decisions on business objectives. This individual must be able to manage multiple priorities and work independently to achieve team goals with minimal supervision.
This employee will be expected to do the following:
• Responsible to assist in creating the Problem process for the STSC Department at SCL Health.
• Responsible for producing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and ensuring there is a reduction in incidents and / or minimizing the impact of these incidents via problem management.
• Produces Problem Management reports and management information.
• Needs to have innovative approach as problems are unique and need to use different RCA techniques.
• Identifies trends and potential Problem sources (by reviewing Incident and Problem analysis).
• Prevents the replication of Problems across multiple systems.
• Reviews the efficiency and effectiveness of the Problem control process.
• Monitors the effectiveness of error control and makes recommendations for improvements.
• Maintains inventory of problems under analysis and their current progress and status.
• Follows up issues and progress with problem owners where necessary.
• Drive all problems towards root cause identification and permanent fix.
• Good Interpersonal skills and organizational skills required.
• Must demonstrate analytical, problem solving, and documentation skills.
Associate's Degree OR 3 years comparable experience in lieu of degree.
Focus in Information Technology, Computer Science, IT Management, Management Information Systems or related field.
ITIL Foundations Certification.
Additional ITIL Intermediate Certification in designated process area.
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), LEAN Six Sigma.
5 years relevant experience with Healthcare IT. Prior experience supporting IT Service Management process areas.
SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that operates eight hospitals, four safety net clinics, one children’s mental health center and more than 190 ambulatory service centers in three states – Colorado, Kansas and Montana. The health system includes 15,000 full-time associates and more than 500 employed providers.