Care Site Description St. James Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
Butte, Mont. (estab. 1881)
The only full-service acute care facility in Butte and largest hospital serving a seven-county area
567 associates, 65 medical staff
98 beds (56 are staffed)
Services & Expertise:
24/7 Emergency Medical Services
Inpatient & Outpatient Surgery
Orthopedic Center of Excellence
Womenâ??s & Children Services
St. James Medical Group
St. James Healthcare provides quality care close to home for the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
Performs and interprets designated laboratory procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs serologic, chemical, bacteriologic, immunohematologic (blood bank), and microscopic procedures and related duties, to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Performs accurate and appropriate testing on laboratory specimens/collections according to established laboratory protocol and procedures. Reports results in a timely manner.
2. Troubleshoots instruments, equipment, reagents, patient specimen/product problems using standard laboratory technique as required.
3. Performs laboratory quality control, including reporting discrepancies, troubleshooting according to established procedures and protocols. Takes appropriate action to assure quality results/products are provided for use by physicians, nurses, patients. Performs daily, weekly, monthly, as needed maintenance and calibrations on instruments and equipment to meet all quality requirements.
4. Performs chart reviews, quality audit data collection, technical policy/procedure development, inspection assistance, donor files under the direction of laboratory management. Maintains workflow in clinical laboratory through proficiency in testing and maintaining work areas, supply stock, monitoring and assistance in management of inventory.
5. Assists in training and orientation of new associates. Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
7. May be required to float to other departments (within scope of competency and qualifications) based on business need.
8. May be required to be placed on-call during a regularly scheduled shift.
SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that operates eight hospitals, four safety net clinics, one children’s mental health center and more than 190 ambulatory service centers in three states – Colorado, Kansas and Montana. The health system includes 15,000 full-time associates and more than 500 employed providers.