Sinai Health System - Level 1 Trauma Center, is a Chicago-based not-for-profit organization, comprised of seven member organizations: Mount Sinai Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Sinai Children's Hospital, Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, Sinai Medical Group, Sinai Community Institute and Sinai Urban Health Institute. The system has over 800 physicians on its hospital medical staffs, 695 licensed beds, 100,000+ annual emergency department patient visits and eight physician residency training programs.
· The PACU Registered Nurse provides direct and indirect patient care under the direction of the Patient Care Coordinators
· Collaborates with other members of the surgical team to ensure the highest standard of care
· Accepts assignment to care for, take responsibility for, and advocate for an individual patient by coordinating efforts of the surgical team
· The PACU Registered Nurse addresses the physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual responses of the patient while maintaining an environment that ensures safety and compliance with administrative policies and procedures
· The PACU Registered Nurse has the requisite skills and knowledge to assess, diagnose, plan, intervene, and evaluate the outcomes of interventions
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION:
· The PACU Registered Nurse will have current RN Licensure in the State of Illinois
· The PACU Registered Nurse will have a valid BLS Including ACLS & PALS Certification
· 1 year of nursing experience within PACU or Critical Care.
Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital is a freestanding, not-for-profit, 102-licensed bed facility onChicago’s West and Southwest Side that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient programs foradults and children. Schwab is a proud member of Sinai Health System and the first fully licensed andaccredited rehabilitation hospital in the Midwest.Our therapists see patients through the entire continuum o...f care, from acute inpatient admissions atMount Sinai Hospital, to inpatient rehabilitation and outpatient therapy services at Schwab. We alsohave a hospital-based rehabilitation-focused short-term sub-acute unit at Schwab that provides boththerapy and nursing services with exceptional outcomes.Our rehabilitation team takes a holistic, interdisciplinary approach to address the physical, cognitiveand psychosocial needs of each patient. Each patient is assessed and provided with a personalized careplan tailored to help achieve maximal independence and function. Schwab offers seven treatmentgyms featuring private treatment rooms, a warm-water indoor therapy pool, and an award-winningtherapeutic roof top garden.