St. Mary's Medical Center is home to twelve state-of-the-art surgical suites, and two DaVinci Robots, with a Cardiovascular Hybrid OR in the construction phases. We are a level-2 trauma center which functions as a level-1 because we are the largest most specialized hospital between Denver and Salt Lake City. Our service lines include: Bariatrics, Robotics, General Surgery, Orthopedics including Ortho-Trauma and Ortho-Spine, Neuro-surgery, OB-GYN, Cardiovascular and Thoracic (including open heart), ENT, Plastics, Pediatrics, and Urology. We pride ourselves in providing the finest, most advanced, personalized patient care in Western Colorado.
· We are seeking a part timeRN Circulator to join our OR team. The RN Circulator coordinates care with surgeons, anesthesiologists, OR staff (PAs, first assists, RNs, CSTs, surgery aides, anesthesia techs) and the pre-operative and PACU nurses to provide our patients with the highest level of care.
· Incorporating evidence-based practices, the RN Circulator maintains compliance with hospital, regulatory, accrediting, and professional organization standards and guidelines.
· The RN Circulator provides exemplary patient-centered care meeting both psychological and physical needs of patients. The RN contributes to continuity and quality of patient care for patients and their families by:
o Conducting and documenting a thorough assessment of each patient upon admission and throughout their course of treatment
o Following evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines
o Actively engaging in continuing education opportunities in order to enhance OR RN clinical competence
o Adhering to facility policies and procedures and participating in facility quality improvement and safety programs
o Advocating for patients by managing all intraoperative activities, including maintenance of the sterile field and proper aseptic and sterile techniques
o Fulfilling all duties as assigned with knowledge and pride
· Associate's degree in nursing required (BSN completion required within 3 years of employment in keeping with our move towards Magnet status)
· Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred; CNOR preferred
· Current Basic Life Support Certification required; ACLS preferred
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
· One year of OR experience required
Join our highly skilled team and call one of Colorado's best kept secrets your home. Enjoy diverse year round recreation including skiing, rafting the CO River, hunting, fishing the 400 lakes on beautiful Grand Mesa, mountain biking, golf, and hiking. Embrace the awe inspiring landscapes of the Colorado National Monument and enjoy the bountiful gifts of Colorado's wine country. Advance your career with us at St. Mary's and discover the magic that is Western Colorado.
We reveal and foster God's healing love by improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Inspired by our faith,
•We will be distinguished as the premier person-centered health system and trusted partner.
•We will share accountability with clinicians and other stakeholders to coordinate care across all settin...gs and improve access, quality, health outcomes, and affordability.
•We will grow as community-based health networks to serve more people in partnerships with others who share our vision and values.
Caring Spirit - We honor the sacred dignity of each person.
Excellence - We set and surpass high standards.
Good Humor - We create joyful and welcoming environments.
Integrity - We do the right thing with openness and pride.
Safety - We deliver care that seeks to eliminate all harm for patients and associates.
Stewardship - We are accountable for the resources entrusted to us.