St. Mary's Medical Center is home to twelve state-of-the-art surgical suites, and two DaVinci Robots, with a Cardiovascular Hybrid OR in the construction phases. We are a level-2 trauma center which functions as a level-1 because we are the largest most specialized hospital between Denver and Salt Lake City. Our service lines include: Bariatrics, Robotics, General Surgery, Orthopedics including Ortho-Trauma and Ortho-Spine, Neuro-surgery, OB-GYN, Cardiovascular and Thoracic (including open heart), ENT, Plastics, Pediatrics, and Urology. We pride ourselves in providing the finest, most advanced, personalized patient care in Western Colorado.
· We are seeking a full time Educator to join our OR team. The Educator works closely with OR leadership and the entire OR team to meet regulatory agency education requirements, accreditation agency education requirements, and departmental educational needs.
· Incorporating evidence-based practices, the Educator creatively guides OR nurses, scrub techs and ancillary staff to achieve educational goals to improve processes, comply with policies, and raise the quality of care in the OR setting.
· The Educator is actively engaged with educators throughout the hospital in order to collaboratively achieve hospital goals, and support a culture of life-long learning.
· The Educator facilitates the training of new OR RNs using AORN's Peri-op 101 Program, and coordinates the clinical component of their preparation with OR RN preceptors.
· The Educator is responsible for the orientation and training of all new staff, as well as coordinating the orientation of students from various settings including but not limited to radiology, occupational therapy, and nursing students.
· The Educator makes active involvement in the OR suites a priority. He/she is able to provide breaks, lunches, and circulate cases as needed. By keeping hands on skills current, the Educator is better equipped to accurately assess staff educational needs.
· St. Mary's OR is looking for a reliable, creative, individual with a good sense of humor to actively contribute to the continued education of our dynamic team.
· Current Basic Life Support Certification required; ACLS preferred
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required
Join our highly skilled team and call one of Colorado's best kept secrets your home. Enjoy diverse year round recreation including skiing, rafting the CO River, hunting, fishing the 400 lakes on beautiful Grand Mesa, mountain biking, golf, and hiking. Embrace the awe inspiring landscapes of the Colorado National Monument and enjoy the bountiful gifts of Colorado's Wine Country. Advance your career with us at St. Mary's and discover the magic that is Western Colorado.
We reveal and foster God's healing love by improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Inspired by our faith,
•We will be distinguished as the premier person-centered health system and trusted partner.
•We will share accountability with clinicians and other stakeholders to coordinate care across all settin...gs and improve access, quality, health outcomes, and affordability.
•We will grow as community-based health networks to serve more people in partnerships with others who share our vision and values.
Caring Spirit - We honor the sacred dignity of each person.
Excellence - We set and surpass high standards.
Good Humor - We create joyful and welcoming environments.
Integrity - We do the right thing with openness and pride.
Safety - We deliver care that seeks to eliminate all harm for patients and associates.
Stewardship - We are accountable for the resources entrusted to us.