As one of the nation's leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children â“ even those who may never enter our doors â“ through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
This position is responsible for: Coordinates the multiple facets of the Infection Control Program at the Nemours, AI duPont Hospital for Children and all Delaware Valley locations. Responsibilities include: the surveillance of infections, evaluation of case findings, problem solving, data compilation, evaluation, analysis, and distribution. Performs microbial surveillance of the hospital environment and/or personnel. Conducts inspections and investigates outbreak or epidemic situations with the implementation of corrective and control measures as necessary. Develops and reviews departmental policies and procedures, provides education to hospital personnel, and evaluates products. Is an active liaison with State and Federal health agencies. Is a knowledgeable and reliable resource of infection control information, regulations, and guidelines. Reports to the hospital Administrator and to appropriate hospital committees. Functions as a liaison, instructor, communicator, consultant, manager, and coordinator for infection control.
1. Responsible for the development and implementation of a Hospital and Practice Infection Control Program. Sets the goals, objectives and strategic direction for the Infection Control Department in collaboration with the Infectious Diseases Medical Practice. 2. Co-Chair of the Hospital Infection Control Committee. Facilitates sub-committees or add-hoc groups, as needed. Infection Control reporting and Committee relationships and representation include various committees as assigned. 3. Responsible for the detection and communication of data trends, clusters of infection, and infection outbreak investigations. Collaborates with Leadership and Departments on development and implementation of actions,
4. Plan, and resolution of events. Collaborates with all Departments to develop and sustain Infection Control methods to prevent or control the transmission of infections within patient, Associate, or visitor populations 5. Responsible for the development of Infection Control Policies based on Guidelines, Regulations, and evidence- based information. Responsible for the review and revision of these Policies. Assists in the education of the Management team, and as appropriate Associates and Contracted Staff, on these Policies. Develops and maintains the Infection Control Manual and IC website on the Nemours Intranet. Prepares and reviews IC educational materials and programs for New Employee Orientation, annual Mandatory NetLearning CBLS, and Departmental IC updates, implementation of new products related to IC activities. 6. Maintains Infection Control Department preparedness and readiness for The Joint Commission Surveys/Periodic Performance Reviews, State Surveys, and other state and federal Agencies as needed (OSHA, Workers Compensation contracts). Interprets and integrates Government and The Joint Commission's IC Standards of Care into the day to day operations of the Hospital and Practice. 7. Manages the Infection Control Risk Assessment Program for Construction projects and any associated surveillance testing that is implemented. Communicates data and observations from surveillance related to construction and assists to facilitate timely corrective measures when needed. 8. Collects and reports healthcare-acquired infection data as required by law and other Regulations. 9. Establishes the reporting relationship with multi-State Departments of Health and Social Services for epidemiologically significant and communicable infections and diseases. 10. Participant of State-level Committee meetings and efforts related to Infection Control activities. 11. Participates actively in the annual capital and operating budget for the Infection Control Department.
1. Possesses excellent team and interpersonal skills. Has a strong ability to work both independently and with groups. Motivated when working on routine or new assignments. Sets goals and achieves them. 2. Able to be flexible in work schedule and responsibilities. Prioritizes work, sets goals, and effectively delegates responsibilities and manage others. Defines procedure and educates staff. 3. Possess strong organizational skills. Detail-oriented with efficient planning skills. 4. Provides accurate information, statistical evidence of quality, and is an educational resource. 5. Keeps abreast of literature and developments within the field. Seeks to increase job knowledge independently and through formal study. Maintains a willingness to accept change and improve skills.
Education and Training:
1. Bachelor's Degree or in Clinical Microbiology with recognized training and experience in Infection Control or 2. Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology, MT (ASCP) or Bachelor's in Nursing and recognized training in Infection Control required. 3. Master's Degree preferred.
Licenses, Registrations or Certifications:
1. Certification in Infection Control (CIC) is required 2. Delaware State license or National Registry is preferred (Nursing or Medical Technologist). If not licensed or have National Registry at time of hire, must be obtained within 12 months of hire. Minimum 5 years experience.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique âœBridge to a Healthy Futureâ pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.