As one of the nation's leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children â“ even those who may never enter our doors â“ through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours is seeking a Certified Pharmacy Technician to join our Pharmacy team in Wilmington, DE. Hours are casual based on department need.
This position is responsible for: The certified pharmacy technician, under the direction of the pharmacist, will assist in the preparation of medication to be dispensed to patients. This includes the preparation of oral, topical and intravenous medications , and the processing of outpatient prescriptions . All medications that are prepared to be dispensed to a patient must be checked by a pharmacist. Additional responsibilities include maintaining adequate inventory and assisting with quality assurance activities.
1. Performs various functions associated with the hospital's drug distribution system. This includes, but is not limited to, the preparation of medications for patients, the completion of the necessary dispensing records, and the delivery and exchange of medications.
2. Performs aseptic compounding of parenteral admixtures and other sterile dosage forms. This includes the practice of aseptic technique, proper procedures for preparing all types of parenteral admixtures (including chemotherapy or other speciality solutions.
3 Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and understanding of the duties and responsibilities of the position to which he/she is assigned which may include: - Filling unit dose carts. - Repackaging, labeling, handling, and storing pharmaceuticals - Using and maintaining equipment and facilities - Restocking floor-stock and many different types of specialty kits - Operating automated Parenteral Nutrition compounder equipment. - Filling Outpatient prescriptions.
4. Carries out the calculations required for the usual dosage determinations and solutions preparation, using weight and volume equivalents in the metric system.
5. Performs various functions associated with an outpatient pharmacy.
6.Performs other duties as assigned.
7. Must have the ability to work well with others.
8. Regular attendance is required.
9. Good communications skills are required.
National Certification by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board is required.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique âœBridge to a Healthy Futureâ pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.