Medical Assistant II (Telehealth), Southern DE Based
Nemours Childrenâ€™s Health System
February 26, 2018
As one of the nation's leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children â“ even those who may never enter our doors â“ through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
This position is responsible for: This position is responsible for: the Medical Assistant II provides assistance to the providers for telemedicine visits. This assistance includes but is not limited to data collection for patient intake, assisting with provider/patient needs during procedures including the use of peripheral devices and basic documentation of the encounter. The Medical Assistant II is responsible for assisting with clerical activities related to appointment scheduling, patient intake including data verification and office communications.
1. Greets patients and families at the clinical setting according to the Nemours Standards of Behaviors
2. Required to travel to multiple locations dependent on Telehealth schedules to support telehealth specialty visits
3. Establish video connection between patients and providers for Telehealth visits.
4. Perform routine maintenance of Telehealth equipment to include quality assessment checks on video and peripheral medical devices.
5. Performs and documents patient intake appropriate for specialty (height, weight, head circumference, blood pressure, vision and hearing screening, reason for visit, chief complaint)
6. Performs diagnostic testing and hands-on-exam of patients under direction of the remote provider.
7. Performs phlebotomy, via venipuncture or capillary techniques to obtain blood specimens. Transcribe, collect, label and arrange transport for lab specimens. Performs point of care testing as appropriate.
8. Ability to download/retrieve medical images from Nuance Powershare
9.Perform Check-in and Check-out process (as applicable):
Enters and/or verifies patient/guarantor demographic and insurance information
Schedules/Cancels/Reschedules patient's appointments. Appropriately statuses patient in computer system.
Utilizes proper telephone etiquette when managing phone calls to/from patients, physician offices, insurance companies, internal customers, etc.
Collects payments from patients- including copayments, current charges and prior account balances, post charges, provides receipts and documents all financial transactions, including charge entry at check-out.
Prepares daily cash reconciliation and bank deposits.
Ensures work queues are up to date.
10. Prepares patient rooms and ensure telehealth specific equipment is ready for use
11. Prepares charts 7 days prior to scheduled appointment by ensuring diagnostic testing requested by provider has been completed by the appointment.
12.Verifies that electronic visit consents and specialty questionnaires have been completed by parent/legal guardian prior to the visit.
13.Additional and miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time by employee's supervisor.
High School Diploma
BLS through American Heart Association
Graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant Program
Medical Assistant Certification
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique âœBridge to a Healthy Futureâ pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.