As one of the nation's leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children â“ even those who may never enter our doors â“ through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
The Medical Assistant II provides assistance to providers in the offices. This assistance includes but is not limited to data collection for patient intake, assisting with provider/patient needs during procedures and basic documentation of the encounter. The Medical Assistant II is responsible for assisting with clerical activities related to appointment scheduling, patient intake including data verification and office communications. Job Description
1. Performs and documents patient intake (height, weight, head circumference, blood pressure, vision and hearing screening, reason for visit, chief complaint).
2. Assists providers with procedures, including but not limited to, suturing, suture removal, sterile procedures, minor surgical procedures, gyn exams, catheterizations.
3. Performs phlebotomy, via venipuncture or capillary techniques, to obtain blood specimens.Transcibe, collect, label and arrange transport for lab specimens. Performs back office laboratory tests.
4. Administers immunizations.
5. Enters and/or verifies patient/guarantor demographic and insurance information.
6. Schedules/cancels/reschedules patients appointments. Appropriately statuses patient in computer system.
8. Obtains authorization for ancillary and specialty services from insurance carriers and documents actions taken appropriately.
9. Collects payments from patients - including copayments, current charges and prior account balances, posts charges, provides receipts and documents all financial transactions, including charge entry at checkout. Prepares daily cash reconcilliation and bank deposits. Ensures work queues are up to date.
BLS required thru America Heart Association
Must be a graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program. Must have Medical Assistant CertificationHigh School Diploma Required Previous Pediatric Medical Assistant Experience Preferred Good communication and teamplayer
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique âœBridge to a Healthy Futureâ pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.