Position Description for: Sr. Administrative Assistant
Job Summary: This position's primary responsibilities are to insure the efficient, accurate and timely completion of tasks and projects requested by the division faculty and administrative staff, especially in the areas of the division's fellowship program and pre-award research. The position requires a solid working knowledge of administrative and financial systems within the Department of Pediatrics, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. This position is responsible for handling personnel and confidential information where the highest standard of confidentiality is expected at all times. As an employee at VUMC, this position is required to exemplify the Credo attributes daily.
Job responsibilities for the division as a whole include but are not limited to:
· Assisting faculty with administrative tasks on research projects
· Provide administrative support for assigned faculty
· Lead the division's pre-award submission process under the guidance of the Research AO
· Serve as backup support to divisional AAIII, as needed
· Provide support for shared administrative assignments and special projects
Job responsibilities for the Fellowship Program include but are not limited to:
· Manage all fellowship program activities with the Program Director
· Coordinate the application process using required systems and procedures
· Respond to requests of prospective fellows
· Ensure activities of the department are appropriately coordinated and scheduled
· Attend all GME required training and networking sessions
· Serve as a liaison for fellows and faculty in administrative matters
· Provide administrative support to the Department as requested
· Education: Associate's degree or 3 years of applicable experience
· Critical thinking and strong organizational skills
· Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.
Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disea...se.
As the largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.
Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.