As one of the nation's leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children - even those who may never enter our doors - through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours Children's Health System is seeking a Florida Radiology Business Director, FULL-TIME, to join our Nemours Children's Hospital Radiology Team in Orlando, Florida. Based in Orlando, frequent travel throughout the State of Florida is required, to include Jacksonville & Pensacola.
Reporting directly to the Operational Vice President Chief Operating Officer of Nemours Children's Hospital and to the Nemours Radiologist in-Chief, this position oversees the coordinated strategic, development, marketing, financial activities of the Radiology service line across the state of Florida and functions as a member of the integrated Enterprise Radiology leadership team.
Responsible for participation in departmental/service line and hospital programs for pursuing growth and business development opportunities, accountable for financial and revenue management including collaboration with Radiology Leadership in budget planning, human resources management, compliance, and making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with the goals of the Nemours Foundation.
Strategic Program Development and Management
* Identify, develop, gain approval, implement and lead financially viable business plans and organizational models related to new and existing programs relevant to service line development across the state of Florida as well as system wide initiatives, both within Nemours and with partner institutions through inpatient and outpatient clinical programs and teleradiology) to achieve growth opportunities commensurate with availability and capacity. * Develop well-defined and comprehensive business plans that outline short and long-term growth objectives and detail strategic and tactical initiatives to ensure the strategic planning and budgeting processes support and link to the hospitals and network operations. * Facilitate contractual relationships by coordinating with the Nemours legal office to develop programs that deliver medical services through partnership arrangements as well as to interact with providers and consumers worldwide through affiliation arrangements, advanced communication and information technology development and, if appropriate, facility construction. * Coordinate with Nemours Marcom to establish marketing programs that enhance the awareness and preference for the Nemours Radiology service line programs and services among key internal and external customer constituencies, including through social media. * Coordinating with the Director of Radiology in cultivating and maintaining medical imaging vendor relationships and assisting in purchase, lease, and service contracts negotiations.
* In partnership with Department Leadership and in collaboration with service line managers throughout the Nemours system; spearhead the integration of the Radiology Department's vision, mission and strategic plan into all aspects of the culture; develop and implement strategic focused on the growth in clinical, academic, and research programs; and drive execution of the strategic plan. * As appropriate, identify problems in the area of responsibility and inform practice or hospital executives in a clear and concise manner utilizing cost/benefit analysis. * Collaborates effectively with providers to deliver quality family-centered care in a cost-effective and efficient manner to drive operations to achieve excellence in the service line while adhering to the Nemours Standards of Behavior, Mission and Values. * In partnership with Department Leadership, provide fiscal responsibility and stewardship mentoring to all associates through effective performance management and provide learning and development opportunities for direct reports as well as others in the Department by effectively and appropriately leveraging human resources business partners to meet the division's talent management goals. * Support radiology-focused philanthropic activities.
* Embrace and actively participate in a culture of continuous improvement and lean management principles in health care. * Make recommendations to Department leadership in operations changes that may result in increased efficiency, increased revenue, or decreased expenses in the Department.
* Establish benchmark metrics focusing on volume, market share, quality, and profitable financial performance and monitors compliance with established efficiency benchmarks including charge capture and delays, RVU productivity, chart documentation, etc. * Perform routine financial and quantitative analysis, identifies root causes associated with variances and implements corrective action. * Facilitate the development of plans to reduce cost and improve efficiency within the hospital and practice, which reflect in the various hospital efficiency plans and programs. * Optimize revenue by monitoring the revenue cycle to ensure complete and accurate professional and/or hospital billing, coding compliance as well as monthly denials management by identifying root causes associated with barriers, the development and implementation of corrective action as well as auditing to ensure ongoing improvement is recognized. * Oversee partnership relationships to ensure contractual obligations are met, partners remain in good standing in regards to timely service reimbursements, and revenue potential is intact.
* In coordination with the Radiologist-in-Chief, develop and execute physician and staff recruitment plans to ensure adequate coverage * Build long-term relationships with key physicians, affiliated, integrated and/or employed. * Communicate with physicians and other members of the medical staff to determine effectiveness of the service delivery system of the various departments that support physician activity. Assist physicians in their efforts in regards to the faculty appointment process in collaboration with the University of Central Florida College of Medicine and Florida State University College of Medicine
* All other duties as assigned.
* Master's degree in a business or health administration discipline is required. * Administrative experience with Radiology services preferred. * Minimum five (5) years' experience in program development and/or administrative healthcare experience required. * Reputation as a change agent with high degrees of influence regardless of the reporting relationships required. * Demonstrated success with applying finance management, quality improvement methodologies and project team facilitation required. * Proven track record of working collaboratively with physicians and executive administration required.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique Bridge to a Healthy Future pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Ne