Florida Hospital East Orlando, a 293-bed full service community hospital that serves as one of Florida Hospital's seven satellite facilities, became part of the Florida Hospital system in 1990. At Florida Hospital East Orlando, we strive to improve our patients' quality of life through a holistic approach to health care — mind, body and spirit — while remaining at the forefront of medical innovation. During the past ten years, we've invested more than $122 million in facility improvements to serve the growing community. Among the recent additions and openings, we have an expanded emergency room, a center for Medical Simulation and Education, a Children's Emergency Center, a Renovated Cancer Institute, and a new 40-bed inpatient nursing unit. The hospital is also home to the Florida Hospital Orthopaedic Institute at East Orlando as well as a comprehensive urology program.
The environmental services department is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of our patient rooms and ancillary areas such as offices, public areas and other hospital departments. Our team follows a ten step cleaning and patient experience process to excel with patient and client engagement.
This is a part-time 24 hour a week, benefit eligible position. Hours will be 7:30am– 4:00pm three days a week, variable days to include working every weekend
The Patient /Area Cleaner performs daily cleaning using the 10 steps and patient experience process of patient rooms, ancillary areas, restrooms, offices, public areas and corridor. Provides supplies to mentioned areas as appropriate. Maintains areas of responsibility to the high standards set by the department, its member and Florida Hospital. The Patient/Area Cleaner's job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Also, will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of bio-hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment. Adhere to all policies and procedures set by Florida Hospital and the department. Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Ability to read, to write, to communicate and understand instructions given in English.
· Knowledge of environmental services equipment and chemicals used by the department.
Education and Experience Required:
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
Principal Duties and Job Responsibilities:
Demonstrate through behavior Florida Hospital's core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program booklet.
· Performs cleaning function using the 10 steps process in all assigned areas.
· Performs patient experience function while interacting with patients, visitors and staff.
· Adjusts to staff shortages and covering other assigned areas.
· Maintains high standards set by department team members and Florida Hospital.
· Monitors and report any equipment issues or shortages.
· Assesses areas of assignment and make any suggestion for improvement to supervisor.
· Properly utilizes personal protective equipment in all aspects of job performance.
· Documents daily assignments completed.
· Utilizes ‘TeamThroughput/Cerner Bed Management’ system to maintain productive flow of beds and patients. Call in and out as required.
· Accesses the medication room for cleaning purposes only. (Will be properly oriented on med room procedures.)
· Interacts with patients/customers in an appropriate manner in relation to age based competencies.
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or director.
Florida Hospital is dedicated to improving lives not only in Central Florida, but also around the world. As a destination hospital, we are committed to serving the health care needs of our patients with a holistic approach to heal the mind, body and spirit. We strive to be the hospital of choice for patients, physicians and employees. Over the last 100 years, Florida Hospital’s mission remains unchanged: to extend the healing ministry of Christ.