Good Samaritan Hospital, located in exciting downtown Los Angeles, is a world class academic medical center that reflects a multicultural population, and an international reputation with both its patient base and its medical staff. Noted as one of America’s Best Medical Centers, Good Samaritan Hospital supports eight Centers of Excellence that focus on advancing the science of medicine while at the same time providing outstanding patient care.
Spine Nurse Navigator- RN/NP
Good Samaritan Hospital has been consistently named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in the United States.
In this exciting position as the Spine Nurse Navigator, the primary responsible is for the:
- Administration and coordination of services associated with the Good Samaritan Hospital spine program. He/she supervises the care of patients throughout the care continuum, participates in strategic business planning for the program, reviews and works with Medical Staff and maintains an outcome database that is reported quarterly.
- The Spine Nurse Navigator participates in program development; this includes, but is not limited to staff education, patient education, community education, program development and marketing.
- Lead a monthly multidisciplinary team meeting and coordinate the reporting of quality, volume, customer services and business development efforts.
- Host a “Spine Camp” for the elective surgical patients which will include a hospital tour as well as market and build new relationships promoting the hospital spine program.
- The Spine Nurse Navigator plans, develops and implements the programs initiatives that are in keeping with the mission, vision, and values of Good Samaritan Hospital.
The successful applicant is required to have:
- Graduate of an accredited RN school of nursing.
BSN required, Certified Nurse Practitioner preferred.
- Current California RN License required.
- Minimum of two years nursing experience, including care of pre and post- operative care of spine surgical patients.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers sponsored by the American Heart Association.
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support(ACLS) certification for Healthcare Providers sponsored by the American Heart Association.
- Working knowledge of performance improvement, licensure and accreditation requirements.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer relation skills.
- Prior knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel preferred.
- Demonstrates good capacity for teaching, organizing, planning and development.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and retirement plan. Plus free parking, onsite child care services, an onsite fitness center and much more!
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!!
For information and to apply, visit www.goodsam.org or call Vanessa Labasan, Sr. Nurse Recruiter (213) 977-2384.