Chaplain - Inpatient-17002263
This is a per deim Chaplain position. Covers the overnights Mon-Fri and overnights weekend shifts. 6pm to 8am. 1 to 2 shifts a week, and about 1 weekend a month
The position requires 4 CPE units (clinical pastoral education units by ACPE organization) with a year residency program completed in hospital settings.
Bachelor's degree required.
These are required for Chaplain positions in hospitals.
Care Site Description
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Denver (estab.1873)
- Largest acute care provider in Denver area
- 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
- 371 beds
- New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Women and Infants
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Emergency Services
- Medical Imaging
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Surgical Care
- Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
This position is responsible for providing emotional and spiritual support in pastoral care to patients, their families and hospital staff.
- Responsible for assessing and attending to the spiritual needs of patients, their families, and employees, particularly in times of spiritual distress brought on by life threatening or life altering medical diagnoses and procedures.
- Serves the patient and family by assisting in resolution of bioethical concerns, and may be asked to assist in matters such as securing family permission for organ transplantation, or providing a religious perspective on withdrawing life support systems.
- As a service to the hospital staff, spiritual counseling and support is offered through group work, religious services, hospital celebrations, and other methods.
- Represents the hospital to the broader religious community and the surrounding areas.
- Performs other related duties as directed in order to support the achievement of established goals and objectives.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Master's of Divinity degree in Theology or equivalent, required
- Possesses theological and psychological training and religious background so as to relate effectively with a wide variety of individuals with various educational, social, economic, and vocational backgrounds, required
- Certified Chaplain and Fellow of the College of Chaplains, preferred
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Department: SJD-Spiritual Care
: Per Diem/PRN
: Variable Shift
: Mar 24, 2017, 6:46:09 AM
Professional - NonClinical