- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a baccalaureate in business administration, personnel administration, or accounting and preferably a masters in business administration.
- Certification in Medical Practice Management is desirable
- This position will be bonded.
- Four or more years of progressively responsible experience in a hospital, business office, or multi-physician medical practice is desirable.
- Possess the tact necessary to deal effectively with patients, physicians, and employees. Be able to motivate the employees within the environment.
- Possess the ability to think clearly to make judgmental decisions in initiating business office policy.
- Possess a knowledge of modern office equipment, systems, and procedures.
- Possess working knowledge of computer systems and offer basic troubleshooting for staff.
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks, Microsoft Office, EHR and Practice Management software (GE Centricity)
- Physical Demands:
Lifting Requirements: 20-40 lbs.
Frequency of Lifting: 0-25% of the time
Average percent of time during regular shift devoted to:
Standing, Walking, Bending, Reaching: 25%
Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb or forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach for (above shoulder height).
Ability to speak on the telephone and write simultaneously.
Ability to operate multi-line telephone system; computer keyboard; ten-key adding machine.
- Visual, Hearing, Dexterity, and Mental Demands:
Vision: Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as read computer terminal.
Hearing: Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as answering the telephone.
Speaking: Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as communicating via telephone and in person for the purposes of public speaking engagements and recruiting.
Dexterity: Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as sorting papers; stapling; operating office equipment.
Mental Demands: Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as preparing budgets, marketing a practice and strategic planning. Position may periodically encounter unfriendly or hostile individuals regarding payment situations and the status of outstanding insurance claims.
- Working Conditions:
- Position requires work in normal office environment 100% of the time. No special uniforms or protective equipment is required.
- Hazardous materials exposure minimal and limited to normal office supplies.