Bilingual Certified Medical Assistant-17000751
Care Site Description
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Denver (estab.1873)
- Largest acute care provider in Denver area
- 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
- 371 beds
- New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Women and Infants
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Emergency Services
- Medical Imaging
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Surgical Care
- Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
The Medical Assistant is accountable for performing patient care activities associated with the personal needs and comfort of clinic patients, assisting members of the clinic team, and maintaining a clean, safe environment.
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment including determining nature of patient visit, obtaining and recording patient vital signs and preparing patient for diagnostic treatment.
- Perform and assist with various aspects of patient care such as administering medication under general supervision, providing instructions to patients, performing basic lab procedures as instructed, and assisting with medical procedures as appropriate.
- Complete all necessary documentation in patients' medical records in accordance with the clinic's charting policy.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients and visitors. This includes cleaning, sterilizing and storing instruments in accordance with clinic policies.
- Restock and prepare the medical suites for patient examination.
- Maintain and utilize effective communication skills so as to facilitate open communication with patients, coworkers and visitors.
- Respond to patient and family needs, exercising good judgment and being sensitive to the diverse physical, emotional, spiritual and cultural needs of all parties.
- Comply with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, and other hazardous substances.
- Other duties as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Completion of an approved course of Medical Assistant study, required
- Valid certification as a Medical Assistant in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Department: SJD-Family Practice Center
: Day Shift
: Mar 30, 2017, 6:27:05 AM