Executive Director Gift Planning-17001258
Care Site Description
SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization headquartered in Broomfield with facilities located in Colorado, Kansas and Montana. SCL Health operates:
4 safety net clinics
1 children's mental health treatment center
190+ ambulatory service centers
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health—and hope—to our patients.
Our ministry is dedicated to improving the health of the communities and individuals we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
The primary focus of the executive director / gift planning officer is to provide strategic partnership in the planning and execution of tax-wise gifts, including outright, deferred and estate gifts. Reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer, the Executive Director, Gift Planning is responsible for leading the gift planning strategy in providing sustainable, best-practice gift planning services, including the acceptance of estate gifts from trusts and probate estates, the administration of charitable trusts and gift annuities benefitting SCL Health, and providing educational outreach to internal and external audiences in Colorado, Montana and Kansas.
The Executive Director, Gift Planning is also responsible for managing his/her own portfolio of prospective planned gift donors, which will include cultivating, soliciting and closing a full range of planned gifts. Such gifts include outright gifts of appreciated assets, life income gifts such as charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts, and testamentary gift plans such as bequests and life insurance gifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Executive Director, Gift Planning will develop meaningful and productive relationships with a portfolio of planned gift donors including grateful patients, donors and community members.
- Collaborate with Foundation Executive Directors and major gift officers across the health system to effectively design and execute gift planning strategies.
- This position is responsible for engaging philanthropic support for system-wide and care site based priorities and will work primarily with major, principal, and planned gift donors assigned to his/her portfolio. S/he will be responsible for cultivating, soliciting, closing and stewarding a full range of planned gifts through systematic personal contacts.
- Provide comprehensive leadership of the gift planning team to all foundation associates within SCL Health. This includes supporting the day-to-day functionality of the team members, as well as facilitating their training, mentoring, evaluation, and professional development with gift planning.
- As a member of the Philanthropy System Leadership Team, provide strategy, guidance, and direction in support of the mission, vision, values, and goals of SCL Health.
- In partnership with the Chief Development Officer, engage in the advancement goal-setting process for planned gift fundraising and engagement metrics.
- Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health and abides by service behavior standards.
Min. 10 years of paid fundraising experience, working within the full spectrum of development, including cultivation, gift solicitations, stewardship, and donor recognition.
Min. 5 years direct experience with gift planning in healthcare or a similar complex setting, including demonstrated personal success soliciting and closing a full range of gift planning strategies.
Min. 5 years experience managing fundraising personnel.
Strong legal and accounting background.
: Corporate, Various Locations
: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Broomfield
: Day Shift
: Mar 4, 2017, 3:53:14 PM
Leadership: Managers and Directors