Skagit Regional Health has an opening for a Clinical Manager for our Medical & Pediatric Care Unit at Skagit Valley Hospital. This is an exempt position, benefit eligible and a great career opportunity.
This position is responsible and accountable on a 24/7 basis for the daily clinical and administrative operations of Medical & Pediatric Care. This includes clinical oversight, staffing, scheduling, counseling, performance management, educational planning, maintenance of budgeting staffing standards, and oversight of billing and charging practices.
Located in picturesque Northern Washington, Skagit Regional Health offers a gorgeous location with endless year-round outdoor activities, delicious restaurants and strong educational systems. YOU will have an immense opportunity for growth within this well-renowned healthcare system.
Skagit Regional Health, the umbrella name for Skagit Valley Hospital and Cascade Valley Hospital and Clinics, is a health care leader in Northwest Washington, providing advanced, quality and comprehensive services to the people of our communities. If you are looking to advance your career in growing hospital, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Works with Director in monitoring and improving the quality of services provided in Medical & Pediatric Care.
- Interacts directly with physicians in a collaborative effort to facilitate best practice.
- Assists with training and preceptorships.
- Assists Director by providing input into capital and operational budget planning.
- Assists in review, revision, implementation of policies and procedures, structure standards, protocols, standards of practice and care plans.
- Plans for the staffing needs of the department.
- Integrates the Balanced Scorecard principles into daily operations.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of lean projects in the department with the support of the Director of Quality Management.
- Assists with the development of patient/family education programs as needed.
- Instructs and mentors staff in ongoing use of educational resources.
- Assists Director in responding quickly to physician related issues.
- Ensures staff schedules are completed and posted in a timely manner.
- Works with Director in determining appropriate staff counseling and corrective action as needed.
- Completes performance reviews and other administrative paperwork.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with productivity standards and staffing guidelines.
- Remains aware of staff workload, advises, teaches or assists as needed.
- Reviews and approves Kronos timecards as required.
- Reviews charges daily and is actively involved in supply chain management.
- Maintains/supports staff compliance with DNV Standards, WDOH, CMS, Practice Acts and National Patient Safety Goals.
- Implements initiatives to improve patient experience, both satisfaction and quality.
- Reviews productivity and overtime trends on a daily basis and adjusts to meet budgetary requirements, implements strategies to reduce staff overtime.
- Sets unit standards through research, evidence based care, benchmarks and recognized standards of care.
- Ensures a safe environment for patients and families, healthcare providers, and visitors through rounding regularly on the unit.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN or Bachelor’s degree in related field or current enrollment in BSN program required.
- Current RN licensure to practice nursing in the State of Washington.
- AHA (American Heart Association) Health Care Provider CPR certification required.
- Minimum two years prior supervisory or management experience required.
- Minimum two years of clinical experience.