RN Trauma Registrar-17001303
Unit Description Are you an experienced hospital based RN with a passion for quality of care? Have you thought about taking on a role other than at the bedside? Have you been told you have excellent critical thinking skills, computer savvy, problem solving skills and attention to detail? If so, this is the opportunity you have been looking for.
Our busy Level II Trauma center serves western Utah and eastern Colorado, and the RN Trauma Registrar is vital to continually monitoring and improving our quality of care. We see about 1200 trauma cases per year, and the registrar reviews care from the ambulance record through rehabilitation.
Care Site Description
St. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction, Colorado is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health — and hope — to our patients.
Fast Facts about St. Mary's and Grand Junction
- Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
- Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
- 300+ days of sunshine
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
- A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
- The heart of Colorado's wine country
- Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
- Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
- 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
- 346 beds (310 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Center for Brain & Spine Surgery
- Emergency Services
- Family Medicine Residency
- Level II Trauma Center with Pediatric Commitment
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Orthopedics & Spine Center
- Primary Stroke Center
- Regional Blood Center
- Regional Cancer Center
- Surgical Specialties incl. minimally invasive & robotics
- Women's Health & Childbirth Services
For hospital information, Visit: www.stmarygj.org
For information on our community, Visit: www.visitgrandjunction.com
General Summary: Responsible for Trauma Registry functions including: data collection, data entry and retrieval, data quality and integrity, display and statistical conversion. Interact with state and regional regulatory agencies providing required data to ensure the accreditation of the hospital's designation as a Level II Trauma Center.
- Participates in concurrent and retrospective chart abstracting and entry of data into the trauma registry, including patient identification for inclusion.
- Assist in maintenance of the trauma registry database as well as acts as support person for various software applications.
- Assigns proper coding classification to injuries in identified trauma patient population by applying the Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) as outlined by the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine (AAAM) Injury Coding Scale. Abides by AAAM rules when coding injuries and calculating the Injury Severity Score (ISS) on each trauma patient.
- Assigns ICD-10 injury, diagnostic/operative codes and E-codes per State and National guidelines.
- Assists the Trauma Program Manager with other activities related to the achievement and maintenance of Trauma Center designation for the State of Colorado and the verification through the American College of Surgeons.
- Supports and demonstrates a customer service commitment to internal and external customers through adherence to St. Mary's Medical Center customer service standards and processes.
- Maintains competence through attendance at mandatory and other job-related educational opportunities.
- Submits appropriate suggestions to the Trauma Program Manager, communicates problems and concerns, and assists in resolution of problems.
- Current CO RN license; BSN preferred
- Minimum of 3 years' recent clinical hospital experience (trauma preferred)
- Excellent ability with computers and software
- Previous experience in managing database/registry preferred.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 coding and hospital coding experience, preferred.
- Ability to concentrate so chart abstraction is accurate 90% of the time.
- Current AAAM coding or certification by AAAM within 1 year of hire.
- Current ATS Trauma Registrar, or certification within 1 year of hire
: St. Mary's Medical Center, Grand Junction, CO
: CO-Grand Junction
Department: SMG-Trauma UR Coordinators
: Day Shift
: Apr 10, 2017, 10:59:17 AM
Nursing Professional (RN)