This position performs nursing functions, providing patient care in an outpatient clinic setting. Assists staff and physicians
to ensure quality patient care.
- Work with physicians or other patient care providers to coordinate flow of patients.
- Perform department core and job specific clinical competencies. Demonstrate competencies in performing patient care
- Demonstrate appropriate developmental approach with patient/family.
- Demonstrate skill in patient assessment and documentation.
- Prepare for office procedures. Assist physicians in providing care for patients. Administer medications.
- Assist with patient/family education. Give instructions to patient/family as directed.
- Maintain patient documentation according to clinic protocol. Document and report test results.
- Assist with follow up of patient's medical conditions and test results.
- Collect and run lab tests. Prepare and send specimens to lab.
- Incorporate principals of safety in all clinical operations. Demonstrates safe use of equipment related to patient care.
Maintain infection control measures with all patient contact.
- Demonstrate compliance with all regulatory requirements.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential