In this position, the Transport Technician assists in transporting patients to and from departments; delivers supplies, linens, food, and other items as requested; and also may be responsible for cleaning equipment after treatments and arranging treatment supplies and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Patient Care Responsibilities
- Provides safe transport of patients between interdepartmental units
- Daily rounding to departments for collection of empty O2 cylinders
- Daily picks up soiled medical equipment from clinical areas and transports to Central Processing
- Picks up and deliver supplies and equipment between Distribution, Clinical Engineering and other clinical areas
- Picks up and restocks CPR Carts after use.
- Retrieves and delivers patient food request to nursing units as requested.
- Provides rudimentary order entry into the computer ordering system
- Provides transport of expired patients to the morgue area if Public Safety is not available.
- Monitors units for equipment over the expected par levels