The Associate Safety Program Manager leads the design, development, implementation and monitoring of a comprehensive associate safety program.
1. Leads program development, implementation and oversight of associate safety education and prevention programs including but not limited to sharp, slip, trip and fall and workplace violence prevention, safe ergonomics and patient handling.
2. Participates in the development and review of safety related organizational goals and supports service locations and partner departments as needed. Leads system and care site efforts to reduce Associate illnesses, injuries and related costs while increasing the focus and reporting of Good Catches.
3. Manages risk assessments/surveys, audits and prioritizes and communicates opportunities for risk improvement. Collaborates with system and care site teams to support achievement of national patient safety goals.
4. Leads the development, adoption, monitoring and reporting on metrics which demonstrate the effectiveness/need of the associate safety programs. Collects, analyzes and reports data as required.
5. Collaborates with care site leaders to improve understanding of data/information related to the organization's performance in safety and high reliability and methods for improving performance. Conducts, develops and educates others on event trend, root cause, apparent cause and common cause analysis.
6. Conducts research, development, reports, communications and training as requested by Director of Associate Safety. Develops and refines internal communications for associate safety related information including: web site, lessons learned, and cause analysis. Leads the development of communications regarding effective patient safety strategies.
7. Supports all service locations with the Management of the Hazardous Materials and Waste Program, Pharmacy Hazardous Drug Management Program, and Industrial Hygiene Exposure Program.