Quality Project Manager-16008827
Care Site Description
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Children's Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Women's Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
The Project Manager will manage multiple, complex projects related to Quality and value based reimbursement through the full life cycle. Projects will focus on improving overall quality and chronic disease management for SVP patients, and will include, but not be limited to: increasing patient access to providers, strengthening leadership, increasing provider productivity, improving outreach, increasing efficiency, new services, , and other projects as identified. Project Manager will also provide decision support and business analytics support for all SVP Accountable Care Organization activities. This position will coordinate interdisciplinary teams involved in all stages of development, from conception through 3 months post go-live. The Project Manager should follow a defined project management methodology, accountable for the detailed planning of tasks and resources needed to meet objectives. The Project Manager also monitors and prepares reports to ensure work is progressing to meet the deliverables on time and on budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; and implementing change.
Establishes communication guidelines for all parties involved in overall project progression.
Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality.
Develops and completes project discovery documents to ensure thorough understanding and development of project scope.
Partners with stakeholders to finalize project, scope and budget.
Effectively applies methodology and enforces project standards. Ensures that reviews and quality assurance procedures take place for all projects.
Manages project-related risks and issues. Identifies risk and works with shareholders to minimize impact of risk and to resolve issues.
Solves conflicts and issues in a timely manner, escalating to manager as appropriate.
Contributes to the development of cost estimates and prepares for projects and maintains responsibility for managing project budgets.
Effectively communicates relevant project information to leadership.
Provides leadership to project team.
Incorporates practice standardizations procedure development in project.
Documents pre and post Go-Live process flows, and develops and measures metrics, to support project scope.
Investigate opportunities and gaps to improve compliance with regulations and contracts.
Analyzes and interprets reports for patterns and trends using statistical tools and techniques
Facilitates meetings and documents items, tasks, and action plans.
Monitors contracts for services and project agreements when applicable.
- Manages all activities throughout the feasibility, program development and design, to ensure the timely and successful completion of projects.
- Works closely with IT to align project and portfolio planning and management processes, standards, methodologies, tools, and templates with resource planning and best practices.
- Knowledge of healthcare operations and a working knowledge of a physician group practice model preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Industrial Engineering or other related field, Master's in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- 3-5+ years project management experience.
- Certification in project management preferred.
- Proficient in standard office software, Microsoft Excel, Access, Visio and project management tools.
- Lean Six Sigma preferred.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Possess thorough understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools.
- Possess strong and tested project management skills, including risk management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment.
: St. Vincent Healthcare Clinics, Billings, MT
: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SVB PSO-Medical Practices Div
: Day Shift
: Feb 10, 2017, 1:25:23 PM
Quality, Safety, and Risk Management