Care Site Description
SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization headquartered in Broomfield with facilities located in Colorado, Kansas and Montana. SCL Health operates:
4 safety net clinics
1 children's mental health treatment center
190+ ambulatory service centers
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health—and hope—to our patients.
Our ministry is dedicated to improving the health of the communities and individuals we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This position provides technical expertise for all Citrix related systems throughout SCL Health System including XenApp, PVS, NetScalers, Web Interface, EdgeSight, and XenDesktop. Role functions also include but are not limited to installation, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, back up, and maintenance of a variety of Citrix versions, hardware platforms and operating systems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems, Server Virtualization, Directory Services, Citrix Systems, and PowerShell Scripting, as demonstrated through maintenance and documentation of Information Systems Technologies to support 24X7 operations.
- Coordinate with staff and customer the installation, upgrades, and maintenance of Citrix and Windows based applications
- Assist in developing, maintaining and reviewing complete system documentation annually
- Document resolution in eService. Meet the response time on a consistent basis; coordinate with other associates when needed; consistently provide resolution to customer and document in eService.
- Ensure all Windows and Citrix based applications are maintained in accordance with license agreements and copyright protection laws.
- Logs, tracks and documents Software Licenses and installed applications; Documents procedures for installation, upgrade, requirements and maintenance of all Windows based applications.
- Using effective customer service skills, respond to customer requests within established standard, communicate with other staff as necessary to ensure effective resolution, and communicate resolution with customer in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate and manage vendor relationships to ensure work is performed to standards including system security, delivery, installation, safety, specifications and timeframes. Use positive interaction skills to develop and maintain vendor relationships for on time product and service delivery.
- Install, configure, document, and maintain various Citrix environments and applications that are hosted by these systems.
- Perform monitoring and analysis for the Citrix enviornments including, the XenApp/XenDesktop Farm, Citrix PVS, NetScalers, EdgeSight/Director and other related systems. Provide appropriate recommendations to insure integrity and availability of server resources
- Implement and operationally manages server capacity
- Communicate server hardware, operating system, and application problems. Provide system status in an effectively and timely manner
Associate's Degree in computer science, mathematics or related field or equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
More than 3 years and less than 5
Three years of Microsoft Windows, VM and Citrix systems experience
Licensure, Certifications and Registrations:
MCSE, CCA, Epic ECSM Certification (Epic Client Systems Management)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must have working knowledge of Microsoft business software (Excel, Word, Visio, Power Point). Must have excellent analytical skills to resolve and troubleshoot technical issues.
: Corporate, Various Locations
: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Lakewood
Department: SYS-STSC-Enterprise Virtual De
: Day Shift
: Apr 17, 2017, 1:02:24 PM
System Analyst, System Architecture