Providence is calling a Pharmacist Resident ( Full Time / Variable Shift ) to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Coordinate and provide the pharmaceutical care of patients as assigned in order to meet the residency program goals and objectives under the supervision and guidance of the Pharmacy residency program director and residency preceptors
- Manage drug therapy protocols as a part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Review, interpret and evaluate medication therapy to identify, prevent and resolve potential or actual drug-related problems.
- Provide drug information and education to medical team and patients.
- Document interventions and their outcomes for use in drug therapy quality improvement efforts.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited school or college of pharmacy.
- California Board of Pharmacy licensure as a Pharmacist either prior to or as soon as possible after employment.
- California Board of Pharmacy Intern licensure required for employment until Pharmacist license is obtained.
- Required to participate in the National Residency Matching Service.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Basic Life Support ( BLS ) within 6 months of hire.
- Advanced Life Support ( ACLS ) for those who are primary code responders as defined by ministry / facility within 6 months of hire into position
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support ( PALS ) for those who are primary code responders as defined by ministry / facility within 6 months of hire into position
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138-bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Pharmacy Residency
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 150819