Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Senior Licensed Plumber \(1\.0 FTE, Day Shift\) to work in Facility Management at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Senior Licensed plumber performs maintenance and repairs on hospital piping systems including domestic water systems, building heating systems, medical gas systems, along with associated equipment for those systems such as pumps, backflow preventers, heat exchangers, valves, traps, and fixtures\.
In this position you will:
- Install and maintain all plumbing fixtures
- Install all waste, vent and sewer piping following all applicable building codes
- Provide expert plumbing input relative to the present of future needs of the facility
- Knowledge of major water distribution isolation valves
- Plans, estimates and performs project work of the same systems
- Understanding of infrastructure of waste and sewage distribution systems
- Ensures that all installations and maintenance activities are per applicable codes
- Assist other staff with general maintenance functions when needed
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma
- At least four years of journey\-level experience as a plumber
- Knowledge of HVAC installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance
- Ability to lead and train staff and/or students
- Ability to develop heating, ventilating, and air conditioning system modification plans
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints and/or technical manuals\.
- Knowledge of mechanical and plumbing systems, building materials, and emergency maintenance
Licensures/ Certifications qualifications for this position include:
- State of Washington Journeyman Level Plumber's license required\.
- Backflow certification required\. \(Must obtain within 6 months of employment\.\)
- Med gas certification a plus\.
About the First Hill Campus\.
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Facilities / Engineering
Req ID: 143598