Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(Per Diem, Days\) to work in Wound Ostomy at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Registered Nurse is a clinical expert who assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the care for patients with ileostomies, colostomies, and urinary diversions\.
In this position you will:
- Function as a consultant for patients with altered skin integrity, including pressure ulcers and complicated wounds
- Perform assessments, plan patient care, provide direct care, and educate and orient families and staff
- Work with a wide range of staff as part of an interdisciplinary team including physicians, nurses, and ancillary staff
Required qualifications for this position include:
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire\.
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader\.
- Current License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- BLS certification
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Board certified by Wound Ostomy Continent Nursing Society \(WOCN\) or must be willing to obtain certification within two years of hire
- Experience managing simple and complex wounds and ostomies
- Experience working in an Acute Wound Ostomy setting
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Medical/Surgical Nursing
Req ID: 143386