Providence is calling a Cytotechnologist (Lab Cytology, Variable Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This is a six month contract role with benefits.
In this position you will:
- Perform primary and secondary microscopic examination of non-gynecological and gynecological specimens, render a diagnosis, and report results.
- Perform cytology specimen preparatory procedures using established procedures and assists with Fine Needle Aspiration collections.
- Prepare and maintain all lab records for quality control, quality assurance and accreditation agencies.
- Utilize age related concepts when communicating with patients and families, using medical equipment, or participating in diagnostic or other procedures.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Baccalaureate Degree in related health sciences preferred if certification was prior to January 2005.Baccalaureate degree in related health sciences required after January 2005
- Cytotechnologist with National Certification – or equivalent.If registry eligible, certification within 1 year
About the department youwill serve.
Providence Sacred Heart
Medical Center has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon
of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds
and are chosen by people from across the state for the da Vinci surgical
robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who
have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and
comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 148868