Providence is calling a Laboratory Supervisor for Lab Hematology to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Have 24 hour responsibility and assure that all testing procedures are performed according to regulatory guidelines and within established turn around times.
- Have responsibility for all maintenance, quality control, correlation studies and method validation on all instruments and procedures within the division.
- Have responsibility for quality assurance and quality improvement projects and efforts within their division.
- Have overall responsibility for hiring, coaching and counseling, performance evaluations, competency assessment and progressive discipline.
- Fiscal responsibilities include assisting with annual budget and monitoring of financial indicators, which include: testing volumes, revenues, operating expenses and productivity monitoring.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in related health science
- Current medical technologist (ASCP) or equivalent national certification required
- 4 or more years laboratory experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center has a commanding presence in Spokane, Washington and is a beacon of hope and healing for patients throughout the region. We have over 600 beds and are chosen by people from across the state for the da vinci surgical robotic for heart surgery and parents from all over the Inland Northwest who have children with life-threatening conditions know they'll find the care and comfort they need at Sacred Heart Children's Hospital.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Supervisory / Management
Req ID: 150834