Food Service Worker-17002496
Care Site Description
St. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction, Colorado is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health — and hope — to our patients.
Fast Facts about St. Mary's and Grand Junction
- Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
- Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
- 300+ days of sunshine
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
- A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
- The heart of Colorado's wine country
- Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
- Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
- 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
- 346 beds (310 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Center for Brain & Spine Surgery
- Emergency Services
- Family Medicine Residency
- Level II Trauma Center with Pediatric Commitment
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Orthopedics & Spine Center
- Primary Stroke Center
- Regional Blood Center
- Regional Cancer Center
- Surgical Specialties incl. minimally invasive & robotics
- Women's Health & Childbirth Services
For hospital information, Visit: www.stmarygj.org
For information on our community, Visit: www.visitgrandjunction.com
This position performs routine duties in connection with the preparation and serving of food.
- Cleans and prepares vegetables for cooking.
- Operates simple machinery used in peeling, shredding, slicing, straining, and mixing various foods.
- Mixes butter, butters bread, and cans bread for storing.
- Prepares coffee and tea for use in employees' dining room and patient wards.
- Busses dishes, trays, and food for dining rooms.
- Loads, unloads, and cleans food carts, etc.
- Operates or assists in operating a dishwashing machine, washing and sterilizing dishes, glassware, silverware or utensils, and washes pots, containers, etc.
- Collects garbage and disposes of it by electric garbage disposal or removes it to loading area.
- Washes trays, carts, refrigerators, etc. Cleans kitchen work area, washes down walls and mops floors.
- Assists in receiving and storing warehouse deliveries.
- May occasionally assist in light cooking, such as hot cakes, french toast, and eggs.
- Pushes food carts.
- Other duties as assigned.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred
: St. Mary's Medical Center, Grand Junction, CO
: CO-Grand Junction
: Day Shift
: Apr 18, 2017, 12:32:35 PM