Pharmacy Tech - Casual / As Needed-17002688
Care Site Description
St. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction, Colorado is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health — and hope — to our patients.
Fast Facts about St. Mary's and Grand Junction
- Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
- Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
- 300+ days of sunshine
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
- A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
- The heart of Colorado's wine country
- Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
- Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
- 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
- 346 beds (310 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Center for Brain & Spine Surgery
- Emergency Services
- Family Medicine Residency
- Level II Trauma Center with Pediatric Commitment
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Orthopedics & Spine Center
- Primary Stroke Center
- Regional Blood Center
- Regional Cancer Center
- Surgical Specialties incl. minimally invasive & robotics
- Women's Health & Childbirth Services
For hospital information, Visit: www.stmarygj.org
For information on our community, Visit: www.visitgrandjunction.com
Under supervision of the pharmacy supervisor and/or Staff Pharmacists, fills orders for unit dose, pre-packaged pharmaceuticals, and intravenous solutions in accordance with state and federal codes and regulations.
- Ensures availability of accurate pharmaceutical supplies to ancillary units by reading order, entering order data into computer, filling requisitions and delivering floor and narcotic stock orders.
- Prepares intravenous solutions within standard protocol and aseptic techniques by reading and interpreting orders, calculating proper volume levels of additives needed, performing mathematical volume conversions, labeling prepared solutions, cleaning hood and IV area and restocking medications.
- Assists with the accurate and timely dispensing of daily patient medications by replenishing medicine carts for nursing units and filling routine patient orders for pharmaceuticals.
- Conducts rounds to all floors in order to deliver medications generated by new physician orders, retrieve narcotics requisitions, and deliver intravenous solutions.
- Assists with dispensing and control of narcotics by filling orders, recording narcotics dispensed, delivering narcotics to the floor, matching daily narcotic receipts with controlled substance sheets, and performing an inventory of all narcotics dispensed that day.
- Answers phone, responds to routine questions, and notifies Pharmacist if needed.
- Counts, compounds and repackages pharmaceuticals using established procedures.
- Processes admissions, transfers, and discharge information by adjusting patient data in computer, entering charges, changing medication cart to proper patient room, and retrieving sealed items back to inventory, if appropriate.
- Generates an automatic stop report on those medications targeted as requiring such. This auto discharge notice is placed on those patients' charts who are on these drugs. The Pharmacy Technician adjusts patient profile accordingly to reflect physician's desire to continue or discontinue said drug.
- Monitors supply levels, notifies appropriate staff if reorder is needed, rotates stock, and removes expired medications. Ensures main dispensing area and IV area are stocked adequately. Shelves new stock, making sure that the manufacturer's storage requirements are observed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to support achievement of Pharmacy goals and objectives.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Highly organized and detail oriented, required
- Computer skills, required
- Completion of a formal Pharmacy Technician training program, preferred
- One (1) year of experience in a hospital pharmacy setting, preferred
: St. Mary's Medical Center, Grand Junction, CO
: CO-Grand Junction
: Per Diem/PRN
: Variable Shift
: Apr 18, 2017, 11:43:57 AM