House Supervisor - RN - Saint Joseph Hospital PDM-17002792
Care Site Description
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Denver (estab.1873)
- Largest acute care provider in Denver area
- 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
- 371 beds
- New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Women and Infants
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Emergency Services
- Medical Imaging
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Surgical Care
- Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
This position is responsible for coordinating and providing supervision for nursing staff providing direct patient care. This position also assists in staff development.
- Supervise direct patient care delivery.
- Maintain ongoing communications with physicians concerning patient care.
- Assist the Nursing management to recruit and hire nursing staff.
- Provide supervision for assigned staff, including performance evaluations and problem solving.
- Coordinate staffing schedules to assure adequate coverage.
- Assure effective interactions with patients and families.
- Assure compliance with patient rights policies and work with other staff, as needed, to resolve grievances.
- Assist nursing personnel to act in compliance with corporate policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor compliance with patient record documentation requirements, as directed.
- Act as a resource person for other staff.
- Schedule, conduct and document regular meetings with direct report staff to assure effective communication.
- Attend and participate in rehabilitation team conferences and/or other meetings with other departments to assure satisfactory patient care.
- Actively participate in the quality improvement process for the facility.
- Participate in/provide in-service education sessions.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participate in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Bachelor's of Nursing, required within 5 years of employment
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Three years of RN experience in an acute hospital setting, required
- One year previous management experience, preferred
: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Department: SJD-Patient Care Services
: Per Diem/PRN
: Night Shift
: Apr 18, 2017, 8:56:33 AM