Director Quality & Process Improvement-17002510
Care Site Description
St. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction, Colorado is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health — and hope — to our patients.
Fast Facts about St. Mary's and Grand Junction
- Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
- Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
- 300+ days of sunshine
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
- A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
- The heart of Colorado's wine country
- Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
- Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
- 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
- 346 beds (310 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Center for Brain & Spine Surgery
- Emergency Services
- Family Medicine Residency
- Level II Trauma Center with Pediatric Commitment
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Orthopedics & Spine Center
- Primary Stroke Center
- Regional Blood Center
- Regional Cancer Center
- Surgical Specialties incl. minimally invasive & robotics
- Women's Health & Childbirth Services
For hospital information, Visit: www.stmarygj.org
For information on our community, Visit: www.visitgrandjunction.com
This position is with our Marillac Clinic, a Federally Qualified Health Center comprised of Medical, Dental and Optical services. We are experiencing significant growth! In 2015 we served approximately 5,500 patients and 9,100 patients in 2016. Our projected service in 2017 is 14,300 patients.
We invite you to learn more about our ministry at www.marillacclinic.org.
The Director of Quality will lead quality improvement efforts across all aspects of the Marillac organization. The incumbent will interact with providers and staff on multiple patient care teams in Dental, Medical and Optical. Some of the main functions of the Director of Quality include:
- Organize and lead the Quality and Safety Committee and will report to the Board of Directors on quality and safety issues regularly.
- Responsible for organizing and posting of the UDS report annually.
- Will lead multiple large scale efforts within Marillac Clinic such as PCMH, population management, etc.
- Acts as a resource in teaching and applying tools for performance improvement and data collection and analysis to all Marillac departments, as per the Annual QI Plan.
- Work closely with the Development Department to provide relevant data, goals and benchmarks for grant submissions and reporting, in a timely fashion.
- Will oversee the provider privileging process.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a health related industry. RN or Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum of two to three years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of quality improvement in an organization as well as clinical setting. Ability to evaluate and make recommendations for continuous quality improvement.
- Knowledge of primary care operations and Patient-centered Medical Home.
- Familiarity with concepts of Lean Six Sigma.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) or equivalent.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk management (CPHRM) or equivalent.
- Experience in leading QI efforts as part of an application to NCQA for Patient-Centered Medical Home recognition.
- Previous experience within an FQHC (Federally Qualified Health Center).
: St. Mary's Medical Center, Grand Junction, CO
: CO-Grand Junction
Department: SMG-Mrlc Clr-Executive Director
: Day Shift
: Apr 19, 2017, 11:20:44 AM
Leadership: Managers and Directors