Providence is calling a Security Officer (0.2 FTE) to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA.
We are seeking a service-oriented individual to provide a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, staff, volunteers, and associated medical staff.
In this position you will:
- Patrol the facility and grounds, enforce security policies and procedures and maintain general order.
- Communicate with public safety agencies, monitor alarm systems, conduct emergency response drills (fire and infant abduction)
- Respond to emergency calls following appropriate procedures.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- AA Degree or equivalent combination education and direct work experience
- Training in or experience as police or security in the military, state, federal or private agency, and/or emergency response
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Ability to obtain within 90 days of hire, a CPR and Defensive Driving certification.
- Must be able to successfully complete department Field Training Officer Training including Defensive Tactics, Pepper Spray and de-escalation training.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience providing security in a health care setting
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Security
Req ID: 148304