Lead Patient Account Representative-17002791
Care Site Description
SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization headquartered in Broomfield with facilities located in Colorado, Kansas and Montana. SCL Health operates:
4 safety net clinics
1 children's mental health treatment center
190+ ambulatory service centers
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health—and hope—to our patients.
Our ministry is dedicated to improving the health of the communities and individuals we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This position is responsible for assisting with the day to day operations the billing and patient accounts department with responsibilities including, but not limited to, supervision of personnel, participating in budgeting, financial management, employer and patient relations, and quality improvement.
- Responsible for primary oversight of billing and patient accounts functions such as processing, denials and follow up on accounts
- Oversees write-offs, work orders, insurance processing and verification, patient chart maintenance, accuracy of billing, payment processing.
- Researches incomplete, incorrect, or outstanding claims and submits claims with knowledge of all insurance plans and contractual arrangements affecting payments.
- Investigates and resolves claims submission problems with insurance payers and reviews new and existing insurance claims processing information.
- Works to resolve billing/insurance issues and ensure compliance with departmental financial policies.
- Provides information and facilitates communication with and between interdisciplinary healthcare providers, employer groups, and patients.
- Develops and implements overall cost effective staffing plans, schedules staff and confirms time records
- Interviews, orients, trains, counsels, mentors, disciplines and evaluates staff
- Provides leadership and direction in resolving operational issues.
- Monitors and evaluates key processes in order to identify opportunities for improvement
- Addresses customer complaints and ensures that follow-up action is taken and documented.
Located in Broomfield, CO.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- BS degree or High School Diploma or equivalent with minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in a health services group or physician office, required
- Minimum of three years' experience with billing, insurance claims processing, and ICD-9 coding, required
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team, required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, required
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment, requireed
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite and preferably knowledge of billing/collections software, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position, required
: Corporate, Various Locations
: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Broomfield
Department: SYS-RSC Insurance
: Day Shift
: Apr 20, 2017, 4:44:49 PM
Medical Records, HIM, Coding