Business Coordinator - Internal Medicine and Associate's Clinic-17003000
Care Site Description
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Children's Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Women's Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
In this position, the Business Coordinator supports the Practice Administrator and/or SVPN Director in overseeing the SVPN clinic daily operations including human resources, purchasing, business services, patient care, and physician and patient relations. In addition, this position may assist patients in person and via the phone by making appointments, collecting demographic and insurance information, and directing calls to appropriate clinic personnel; as well as, preparing, maintaining, and facilitating access to patient medical records for the purposes of patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Human Resource Supervision and Financial Oversight
- Assists the Practice Administrator with the overall staffing and scheduling of clinic personnel and edits time records, ensuring that staff performs within established policy and procedures;
- Works collaboratively with Practice Administrator to recruit, orient, train, and evaluate staff;
- Supports financial accountability for department functioning and examines alternative methods of providing required services in order to reduce departmental supply and personnel costs.
Physician and Patient Relations
- Reviews Press Ganey survey data and works in conjunction with leaders and staff to implement action plans addressing patient satisfaction feedback;
- Addresses patient complaints and communicates concerns or potential patient care risks to clinic leaders, ensuring that follow-up occurs.
Reception, Registration and HIM
- Greets the patient and answers the telephone, communicates general practice information to patients and family members and provides patients with appropriate paperwork ;
- Gathers accurate information by interviewing patients, verifying insurance coverage, and recording information using registration software, and obtaining signatures, for each patient encounter;.
- Facilitates the collection of co-payments, past due balances and payments at time of service;
- Utilizing provider protocols, schedules appointments, referrals and diagnostic tests, and maintains updates and distributes schedule;
- Ability to lead HIM functions to regulatory and compliance standards.
- Ability to assume small accounting, finance or reporting projects as assigned;
- Manage flow of information between SVH departments including forms, meeting minutes, invoices, ordering and data;
- Able to interact with SVH departments, community partners and community toward organizational goals
- Maintains filing systems, relevant databases, and tracking/reporting for special initiatives;
- High School diploma or equivalent, associate degree preferred;
- Minimum of three years' experience in a physician office setting.
- General knowledge of medical terminology, CPT4, ICDCM, Medicare, Medicaid and insurance guidelines preferred.
- Intermediate accounting and finance skills;
- Current BLS certification (or successful completion within 3 months of hire)
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical, problem solving, leadership and supervisory skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to learn new applications relevant to the position
: St. Vincent Healthcare Clinics, Billings, MT
: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SVB PSO-SVPN-Internal Med Assoc
: Day Shift
: Apr 20, 2017, 1:19:22 PM
Professional - NonClinical