ED Tech - Certified Nurse Asst - ED-17002494
Care Site Description
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Children's Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Women's Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
In this position, the ED Tech assists the health care team, as directed by nursing or medical personnel, in caring for a spectrum of patients presenting with anything from minor injuries/illnesses to critical care injuries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Plan of Care Assistance
- Observes and reports the patient's physical and psychosocial condition upon initial presentation including changes in pain, skin condition, mental status, etc
- Continuously reassess pertinent aspects of patient care, such as vital sign, assists in determining post-discharge care needs and resources available to the patient and assists in transfer of care to another inpatient location as directed
- Assist healthcare team with duties including, but not limited to, EKGs, splinting, wound care, dressing, vital signs, specimen collection, suture removal, immobilization, linen changes, equipment sanitization and keeping the surrounding environment clean
- Supports, educates and reassures the patient and their families
- Participates in patient discharge and post discharge planning as outlined by the physician and primary nurse. Assures patient has had all questions and concerns addressed prior to discharge.
- Assures all computer orders are entered and utilizes applicable Quick Registration functions
- Interfaces with registration specialists to ensure timeliness of registration and discharge process
- Orients patient and family to room and assists with securing valuables and storing belongings
- May be required to assist the Unit Coordinator with answering the phones, document preparation, coordinating UC desk activities and order entry
Education, Experience and Licensure/Certification Requirements Requirements are
representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current MT CNA certification or MT EMT certification
: St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, MT
: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SVB-Emergency Room
: Night Shift
: Apr 20, 2017, 10:08:34 AM