Providence is calling a Service Area Director of Clinical Operations ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to Providence Medical Institute, Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- The Director of Clinical Operations is responsible for leading, planning, directing, monitoring and improving the overall performance for assigned business units(s) within an assigned service area for Providence Medical Institute
- This position is critical to achieve excellence in the delivery of patient care while creating a positive working environment
- The Director of Clinical Operations is accountable for Operational, Financial, Clinical, Quality and Business development activities across multiple sites, each representing multiple specialties
- Clinics are typically comprised of up to 18 physicians (range 4-18) with 100 plus staff (range 35-200 ) The scope of involved disciplines is typically multi-disciplinary including Pediatrics, Family Proactive,Internal Medicine, Occupational Medicine, Urgent Care, Rheumatology, Endocrinology and the full spectrum of medical and surgical specialties; each managed as directed departments and integrated as part of the whole
- The Director of Clinical Operations has a ke role in managing his or her area of responsibility to achieve the organization's Ministry Transformation goals 1) Performs responsibilities in full alignment with he organization's Mission and Core Values.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum 5-7 years of leadership experience in a complex multi-site, medical group environment
- BS/BA in Business or relevant field
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's in Business or relevant field
- Certification in MGMA's healthcare executive management program desirable
- Proven track record of managing change and learning team to successful results/performance
- Demonstrates ability to provide coaching and development of subordinates to achieve individual and organizational excellence
- Ability to organize and set priorities to ensure that objectives are met
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, management and physicians
- Skills in working independently, exercising sound judgment and follow through on activities
About the Providence Medical Institute you will serve.
Providence Health & Services Southern California is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 151552