Part of full time position in a multi-disciplinary wellness facility regarding implementation and coordination of Psychiatry for children and adolescents identified or suspected of having disabilities that interfere with their ability to function. Overall responsibilities include assessment and treatment of mental illness through a combination of Psychiatric assessments and medication management.
- Works in collaboration with multi-disciplinary team to perform clinical assessments and develop treatment plans. The team includes mental health therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, nurses, dietitians, wellness coaches, chiropractors, acupuncturists, massage therapists, professional organizers, and educators,
- Gathers and maintains patient information and health history,
- Conducts assessments, Psychiatric evaluations, interviews, and observations,
- Analyzes and evaluates patient data and findings and diagnoses nature and condition of mental disorder,
- Offers medication management to patients; and, if desired offers optional psychotherapy,
- Prepares and maintains confidential records and reports,
- Monitors the use of medications,
- Advises families on condition and treatment,
- Participates in workshops sponsored by the center,
- Refers clients to community resources or specialists as necessary,
- Evaluates effectiveness of client’s progress,
- Learns new developments in the fields of study through professional literature, attending courses, and maintaining contact with other social service agencies,
- Organizes community education workshops in the facility and attends selected local community programs,
- Provides industry relevant tips for the facility newsletter and community blog.
Majority of the responsibilities will take place at The Wellness Connection facility in Stone Ridge, VA with professional staffing averaging 20 people. Spacious, climate-controlled, modern, luxurious offices will be provided upon appointments. The facility will house varied therapies concurrently in separate, sound-proof, private offices, while conducting group yoga and Pilates classes in a separate fitness section. Facility work hours are Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm, and Saturday 8am-5pm; however, individual schedules may vary. Individual responsibilities are mostly limited to providing clients outstanding, satisfactory services. Additionally, contributing to the corporate culture and activities are expected. The atmosphere is positive, encouraging, and teamwork oriented.