Responsible for providing rapid and accurate data entry to all Network services: performing registration, insurance verification; follows established procedures to assist professional personnel in providing services related to patient care throughout the Network; assists with diagnostic procedures (CLIA), security, clerical, cleaning, and transporting services to assist in maintaining an organized, efficient operation of the department.; interacts and provides support to families and patients in crisis including disruptive behavior; works under conditions of interruptions and is subject to time pressures; provides continuous interaction with patients and families; represents the Grayling Physician Network in the community; maintains effective and collaborative working relationships with all members of health care team.
High school diploma. Licensed EMT or CENA certification preferred. Others with previous healthcare/patient care experience will be considered. Must successfully complete competency testing for cleaning EKG, phlebotomy, transporting, and point of care testing. Must be able to pass a clerical test at 80% accuracy. Proven ability to communicate effectively and work positively with both public and co-workers orally and in writing. Successful completion of medical terminology course. Ability to perform math functions including addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication. Ability to read, write legibly, spell accurately. Proficient in MS Word, Windows, email. Excellent computer/keyboard skills. BCLS certification within 6 months. Performs point of service testing as directed (blood glucose, urine pregnancy, rapid strep, EKG's, phlebotomy etc.)
Skills, Talents and Abilities: Ability to use telephone computer, scanners, vital sign measuring equipment, CLIA approved equipment. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and frequent interruptions. Ability to speak clearly, hear, see, distinguish/differentiate colors. Ability to assess patient condition. Ability to organize and set priorities. Ability to perform detailed tasks, sterile techniques. Extricates patients, applies orthotic devices. Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and concentrate while subject to multiple interruptions. Must discern patient/family needs and determine most effective means of handling communication, complaints, and problems, utilizing tact and sensitivity.
1. Demonstrates excellent service excellence and service recovery standards. Treats patients and families with dignity, respect, and compassion.
2. Demonstrates competence in patient care skills such as obtaining vital signs, use of orthotic devices, transporting, phlebotomy, performing EKG's, knowledge of sterile and clean technique etc.
3. Assists patients out of personal vehicles, including extrication as required.
4. Performs quick registration, full registration, insurance verification, financial collection/counseling, patient privacy and admissions with 90% accuracy or better, using two patient identifiers consistently.
5. Responsible to acknowledge each and every patient who either requests a medical examination or treatment who appears to need emergency medical care.
6. Verifies presence of Advanced Directives, guardianship and obtains copy of same.
7. Contacts family or guardians for consent to treat in the case of minor children or wards of the state.
8. Maintains security of all doors and department.
9. Prepares and distributes reports, accurately maintains quality logs, and copies charts.
10. Cleans, mops, dusts, and organizes work areas, public areas, waiting rooms, and security area. Maintains department to meet customer needs and service expectations at all times.
11. Restocks supplies and places supply and form orders.
12. Fill out work orders for repairs, reports Risk situations according to policy.
13. Completes and faxes animal bite and abuse forms, keeps record on chart.
14. Perform daily QC on glucometer, hemoglobin, and strep tests,and record results. Perform tests accurately.
15. Record refrigerator/freezer temperatures twice daily and record results.
16. Other duties as assigned.