Situated between Denver and Colorado Springs, Castle Rock Adventist Hospital is a new, 50-bed acute care hospital (opened in 2013) and Level III Trauma Center providing comprehensive health care to the greater Castle Rock community and surrounding areas. From experienced emergency services to delivering babies in our innovative and comfortable Birthplace, this hospital was built as a true community partnership between Centura Health and the people of Castle Rock. In the short time since it has been open, area residents not only look to this hospital for care, but enjoy visiting its community gardens, outdoor spaces and restaurant. The ER is one of the busiest in the area and staffed with board-certified emergency physicians and specialty-trained emergency nurses. We have on-site imaging that includes MRI, CT, ultrasound, X-ray and digital mammography as well as on-site laboratory services. If you are looking for the close-knit feel of a modern, neighborhood hospital in a picturesque, family-oriented community that offers the very best of Colorado living, we invite you to explore our opportunities. For more information about Castle Rock Adventist Hospital, visit http://www.castlerockhospital.org/.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 104105
Clinic/Department: 8751 CASTLE HUMAN RESOURCES
Hospital: CASTLE ROCK ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
This is a hospital based position. Acts as a strategic partner to develop strategies that will ensure hiring and retaining the highest quality employees. Oversees HR functional areas of employment, compensation, employee relations, and leadership development. Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulatory agencies. Advises leadership and other customers on administration of policies and programs related to HR services. Administers policies and programs with HR staff. Manages department for quality and efficiency. Facilitates partnerships for continued healthcare growth and competencies. Maintains complete and accurate records.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources management, business, education or related field
- PHR/SPHR, or similar related certifications preferred
work experience requirements
- 5 years of progressive responsibility in Human Resources or management
- Healthcare HR experience in acute care hospital environment
- Experience building strong, healthy employee cultures
- Experience working in a hospital within a health system preferred
- Proven skills in employee relations and third party avoidance and demonstrates leadership skills in an HR environment.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and legal compliance regarding employment and benefits.
- Knowledge of development and implementation of training programs.
- Baseline knowledge of healthcare recruitment and compensation issues.
- Knowledgeable in JCAHO and HIPPA requirements, budget process and developing and implementation training programs as it relates to Human Resources.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentations)
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to influence change management initiatives effectively through matrixed relationships
Position duties (essential functions)
- Directs the implementation of human resources objectives that measurably contribute to the achievement of SAH and Centura Health strategic objectives
- Provides human resources expertise or support for compliance with all regulatory, licensing bodies and governmental codes and laws, including JCAHO standards, and city, county, state and federal agencies.
- Ensures that all hospital decisions concerning associates comply with all federal and state laws. Resolves associate complaints using approved resolution tools. Advises department directors on appropriate associate relations techniques
- Promptly conducts internal investigations, including discrimination, harassment and integrity concerns
- Provides human resources expertise and/or counsel in day-to-day employee/management-related functions to include; interviewing and hiring, evaluating and improving employee performance, orientating new employees and other applicable persons, inservice, counseling, disciplining, terminating employees, recommending and approving pay increases, employee status changes, grievances and compliance processing
- Develops and implements appropriate action plans and strategies, identifies and responds to market trends to meet the changing needs of the organization and customers
- Assesses and identifies leadership development needs, and coordinates and delivers training to meet those needs.
- Develops and is accountable for the human resources fiscal year operation budget
- Identifies and resolves in partnership with the department directors and administration all compensations issues. Ensures, in conjunction with corporate compensation, all pay ranges are up to date
- Ensures all job descriptions and competencies are up to date
- Reviews/revises policies, procedures, plans and job descriptions annually
- Develops/supervises departmental goals and sets priorities
- Plans, directs and monitors the functions of the department
- Supervises department personnel by providing performance evaluations, counseling, coaching, and when necessary, disciplinary actions
- Actively participates in hospital and medical staff committees as requested.
- Ensures thorough and confidential maintenance of Human Resources files, needs assessments and education records
- Maintains confidentiality
- Supports a culture that respects individual diversity and builds commitment to shared mission, values, and strategic objectives
- Demonstrates a commitment to individual, staff, departmental and institutional growth and development
- Maintains and promotes open communication, both written and verbal, with all members of the healthcare team and the community
- Demonstrates effective and exemplary communication skills, both written and oral to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrates presentation skills to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrates organizational skills
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to changing priorities within the department and organization
- Demonstrates 'Value Analysis' decision making, dealing with people with diplomacy and sensitivity
- Provides leadership support to achieve customer service, financial goals, and quality milestones in alignment with hospital visions, missions and goals
* This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.