Reading Health System, a 700+ bed tertiary care facility located in West Reading, Pennsylvania, is seeking an additional Neonatologist to support a busy, high-quality OB service of more than 3,500 births per year. Our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit contains 30 beds and is the only Level III NICU in Berks County. Shift Requirement: 7, 24-hour in-house shifts each month
Job Requirement: MD or DO, BC in Pediatrics and BC/BE in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Reading Health System:
• Main West Reading campus is located in scenic Berks County
• 647 acute beds, 22-building complex on 36 suburban acres
• 112 beds, including 50 skilled nursing beds, at our Reading Health Rehabilitation Hospital located in Spring Township
• Reading Regional Cancer Center - recognized as the leader in advanced technologies and clinical expertise in Berks County and bey...ond
• More than 1,000 providers on Medical Staff
• 40+ convenient locations throughout Berks County (including primary health centers, Lab and Imaging Centers, Urgent Cares and occupational health)
• Level II Trauma Center
• Level III NICU
• One of PA's busiest emergency departments with approximately 131,000 visits per year
• Nearly 4,000 births annually; high-risk pre- and post-natal care; IVF and fertility services
• Regional Heart Center - including cardiac surgery
Moving Medicine Forward: Reading HealthPlex
Reading HealthPlex, our new state-of-the-art facility, is a combination surgical and inpatient tower that includes seven patient-care levels and combines the hospital’s many surgical services into one of the most technologically advanced and sophisticated surgical centers in the region.
The new 476,000 square foot building has added new surgical suites, private patient rooms, and an all-new “Green Roof” while paving the way for the existing Emergency Department and Trauma Center to be expanded by 21,000 square feet.
Reading HealthPlex includes:
• 24 surgical suites, including six hybrid-capable operating rooms
• 8 minor procedure rooms
• 150 private patient rooms equipped with smart technology
• 16 new emergency treatment rooms and expansion to 5 trauma bays
• 88,000 square foot rooftop Healing Garden making up over 72% of the building’s overall footprint and the third largest green roof on a healthcare building in the United States.
Reading Health System is a not-for-profit leading regional health system committed to advancing health and transforming lives of the people we serve. Through physician and staff commitment, we have established a culture of collaboration, professionalism, transparency and responsibility that allows us to deliver high-quality care through evidence-based medicine. Established as The Reading Dispensary in 1867, the 700+ bed Reading Hospital has since expanded into a leader in tertiary care for this region of Pennsylvania. As an Academic teaching hospital, residencies include Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, Osteopathy, Podiatry and Pharmacy.
Ambulatory services of Reading Health System are extended through facilities located throughout the community, including 13 laboratory and 17 imaging centers, Occupational Health Services, over 70 physicians in 19 office complexes. Additional services include Reading Health Rehabilitation Hospital, 9 outpatient therapy locations, Joint Replacement Center, Weight Management Center, Sports Medicine and QuickCare and Urgent Care.