| Become a valued member of the world’s largest group practice in providing quality medical care. |
NOW HIRING - CIVILIAN PEDIATRICIAN
Naval Hospital Bremerton, WA
There could not be a better time to join our team! As a member of the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) team you will have the unique opportunity to provide healthcare to the men and women who protect and serve our country along with their families, and retirees at medical facilities around the globe. In addition to this great honor, BUMED provides excellent compensation and benefits. Therefore, if you are interested in making a difference while enjoying a rewarding career, BUMED would like to hear from you.
This position is located at the Naval Hospital Bremerton, Department of Pediatrics and is responsible for providing comprehensive medical care and treatment of infants and children to include routine health examinations, acute, urgent and emergent care in the emergent care in the ambulatory sector, and management of inpatients; urgent-emergent coverage of the Newborn Nursery, Pediatric Ward, and Emergency Room; and Pediatric consultative services to other hospital services.
APPLY NOW! This job opportunity announcement has a first cut-off date of 5/16/2017. Applications received by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the cut-off date of 5/16/2017 will receive first consideration for this vacancy. Candidates who apply after may be referred on a periodic basis depending on staffing needs.
Duties: A typical day includes:
- Performs examination, diagnosis and treatment of diseases and injuries of children.
- Treat pediatric patients presenting with acute or chronic illnesses.
- Manages well newborns, as well as caring for urgent/emergent cases.
- Perform Newborn Nursery admission and discharge physicals.
- Conduct physical examination of infants and children in the out-patient clinic.
- Participates in the Puget Sound Family Medicine Residency training program.
- Act as preceptor and consultant to Nurse Practitioners, Physicians Assistant and student assigned to the clinic.
- Provide pediatric specialty duty coverage when assigned.
- Participate on medical staff committees as required.
- Relocation incentives as described in 5 USC 5753 may be authorized in accordance with applicable command policy and available command funding.
- Males must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. www.sss.gov
- Selectee must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Selectee may be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Selectee is required to participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- Accredited MD or DO, or ECFMG or Fifth Pathway certification.
- Active, permanent, full, unrestricted physician license to practice medicine in any state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- 4 years of residency training or equivalent experience and training in Pediatrics (e.g., 2 years Pediatrics residency and 2 year(s) fellowship and/or experience, or any combination totaling 4 years) This includes, but is not limited to, the following: concern with the physical, emotional and social health of children from birth to young adulthood; health services range from preventive healthcare to the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic diseases; deal with biological, social, and environmental influences on the developing child and with the impact of disease and dysfunction on development.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
- Board certification is desired but not required.
The U. S. Department of Navy offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Malpractice insurance.
- Potential pay incentives (e.g., recruitment, relocation, retention, student loan repayment).
- Lifetime health insurance (Navy pays pro-rated portion of your premium, you pay with pre-taxed dollars) you can carry into retirement and include your spouse.
- Dental/vision plans and dependent/healthcare flexible spending accounts.
- 401K-type retirement investment plan w/employer matching (up to 5%) and flexibility to retire between 55-57 w/10 years of employment. Annuity calculations are pro-rated for part-time employment.
- Life insurance (Navy pays pro-rated portion of your premium).
- Long term care insurance.
- Earn vacation and sick leave and carry unused leave over year to year.
- Paid Federal holidays that fall on your scheduled work days.
- Employee-friendly flexibilities.
IT’S EASY APPLY NOW! E-mail your resume directly to email@example.com, and insert the VIN# 1951454-AAP in your subject line. For additional information, contact Jill Pandora-Latulippe at 215-697-0384.
Equal Opportunity Employer