St. Thomas More Hospital, a 55- acute care facilty, is the cornerstone of health care services for Fremont County and surrounding southern Colorado communtites. St. Thomas More offers 24-hour emergency and trauma services, inpatient acute care, intensive care unit, The Birth Center, diagnostic imaging, surgical services, rehabilitation services, sleep disorder center and more. St. Thomas More was rated five stars by Healthgrades® for Total Knee Replacement (2012-2017), Hip Fracture Treatment (2017), and Treatment of Sepsis (2017). Our physicians specialize in emergency medicine, family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics/gynecology services, general surgery, orthopedic surgery, and pediatric health services. Associates of St. Thomas More enjoy the camaraderie of a close-knit community hospital, the relaxed feel of small town life and an affordable cost of living in a town rich in culture and historic architecture. Located 50 miles from Colorado Springs at the foot hills of the Rocky Mountains and the entrance to the Royal Gorge, locals and visitors alike enjoy this area for some of the state's best hiking, widllife and river sports like rafting and fishing. Learn more about our hospital and life in Southern Colorado by visiting http://www.stmhospital.org/.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 99309
Recruiter Contact: Tiffany Hoover, TiffanyHoover@centura.org
Clinic/Department: 7237 STM SANE PROGRAM
Hospital: ST THOMAS MORE
Performs forensic examinations for the collection and preservation of evidence according to Colorado evidence collections and IAFN SANE standards of care.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Two years acute care (ED, ICU, Women's Health, or Pediatrics) experience required
- Commitment to serving victims of Interpersonal violence
- Ability to work independently with autonomy
- Advanced assessment skills
- Current Colorado RN license
- Current BLS certification required from American Heart Association, Red Cross, or ASHI
- PALS or ENPC
- "See Required Specialty Course Completion" policy.
- ASLS or certified in (NIH) National Institute of Health Stroke Scale preferred
- Specific certifications may be required
- Light Work - exert/lift up to 20 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. frequently.
- Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
- Heavy Work - exert/lift up to 100 lbs. force occasionally, and/or 50 lbs. frequently, and/or 20 lbs. constantly
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.