Summary: An independent contributing IT professional within the Project Management family providing advanced proficiency developing and applying expertise and leadership in two or more IT disciplines that support Cook Children's infrastructure.
- Leads and directs high priority projects, which require considerable resources and high level of functional integration.
- Mentors less experienced staff with responsibility for their development.
- Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorized project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance.
- Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Execute the tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals.
- Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
- Record detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
- Improve team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency, and boost morale.
- Position requires at least 5 years of direct experience and a high school diploma or equivalent.
- A BA/BS degree in IS or Business is preferred.
- Relevant healthcare experience preferred.
- PMP Certification preferred.
Project Management Knowledge Areas:
Project Integration Management
Project Scope Management
Project Time Management
Project Cost Management
Project Quality Management
Project Human Resource Management
Project Communications Management
Project Risk Management
Project Management Process Groups: