Providence is calling an Emergency Room Registration Associate - Per Diem to Providence Tarzana Medical Center in Tarzana, CA.
We are seeking an Emergency Room Registration Associate to register patients, conduct patient/guarantor interviews, explain hospital policies, financial responsibilities, and patient bill of rights, and handle all routine patient inquiries related to the registration process. He or she will ensure all necessary demographic and financial data is obtained and accurately documented into the ADT system, identify appropriate payor source for routing of revenue generated during the patient stay, and ensure that any pre-certification and/or authorization is obtained to meet individual payor payment authorization protocols.
In this position you will:
- Register patients following department policy/procedure, with emphasis on accuracy of demographic/financial information for ensuring appropriate revenue routing.
- Validate existing related data prior to registrations and update the patient account in the ADT/FUS system; identify appropriate payor source (plan ID, Financial Class), and enter the information into the ADT/FUS system.
- Ensure all treatment authorizations/verifications have been obtained in accordance with payor's protocol and departmental policy.
- Obtain and copy all necessary insurance cards, doctors' orders, prescriptions and Medicare Compliance Forms; obtain patient signatures on Conditions of Service, Advance Directive, Medicare Screening Form, create armband, charge plate, and other documents as necessary.
- Identify Medicare and Medi-Cal patients through Electronic Eligibility System and verify eligibility on all other payors through the Passport verification system; collect patient co-pays and deductibles as well as estimated co-insurance (if applicable), and documents payment method in the ADT/FUS system.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Collect patient co-pays and deductibles as well as estimated co-insurance (if applicable), and documents payment method in the ADT/FUS system.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Some College and/or certified patient account tech certification.
- 2 years' experience in a hospital, similar medical setting, or physician's office.
- Previous registration experience and insurance verifications.
About the hospital you will serve. Providence Tarzana Medical Center is a 245-bed not-for-profit medical center that serves the San Fernando Valley, offering high quality specialty services, including: heart and vascular care, orthopedics, oncology and senior services. Recognizing the special health care needs of women and children, our Women's Pavilion & Resource Center provides women's health and maternity care in once central location. The hospital specializes in pediatrics and has one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Tarzana has a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology with a personal touch. Providence Health & Services cares about the people and the lives that we touch each and every day. We are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core-values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. With a rich past reaching back more than 65 years in Southern California, and 150 years in total, Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 150096