Providence is calling a full time, day shift Quality Specialist to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
- Be a facilitator to the organization-at-large and to the Medical Staff in their commitment to improving the quality of patient care and organizational performance through the Performance Improvement Program
- Abstract and manage appropriate data for a variety of purposes including indicator reporting projects, information management and decision making, and tracking and trending data for identification of variations in the delivery of patient care
- Work with the physicians and hospital personnel to develop projects for review and analysis of aggregated data
- Assist the Director of Performance Improvement in the planning, development, implementation and management of the hospital-wide quality improvement program which is in compliance with JCAHO and other regulatory requirements
- In conjunction with the department managers, medical staff and the Care Council, monitor the program's effectiveness in improving the quality of patient care and services rendered
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Working knowledge of JCAHO standards and/or regulatory agency requirements regarding PI/Quality
- Must be organized, detail oriented and like to work with statistics and evaluation of methodologies
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of hospital personnel, the public and physicians
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in a health-related field
- 2 years of experience with performance improvement or related area
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access programs
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital that has served the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We have a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology while providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care. We are proud to be named one of the Top 50 U.S. Hospitals for Heart Care by Thomson Reuters, the only community hospital in California to receive this honor. We were one of five hospitals in the United States recognized by American Hospital Association-McKesson for leadership and innovation in quality improvement. We received The Choice Award by AAHCP for Outstanding Customer Service Delivery, and were one of 24 hospitals and health systems in the nation to receive the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance. As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person, and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Quality Nursing
Req ID: 153714