Providence is calling a full time, day shift General Maintenance Apprentice to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance in Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
- This program consists of 2,080 hours work experience (approximately 1 year) in conjunction with at least 80 hours online training (TPC) each year.
- The work experience will take the trainee through various responsibilities in the maintenance department at Providence Little Company of Medical Center Torrance.
- Apprentice graduates from this program as a General Maintenance Mechanic.
- The selected candidate must be willing to work all shifts at Providence Little Company of Medical Center Torrance and off-site locations.
- The apprentice with be assigned preceptors from all the trades to assist in the training process.
- Weekly meeting with the apprentice and Plant Operations Management will be held to help answer any question the apprentice may have and evaluate the apprentice's progress.
- Under general supervision of a preceptor and Plant Operations Management, the following subjects are some of the areas of focus - minor repairs to domestic water distribution systems, medical gas systems, fire extinguishing systems, HVAC systems and associated mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- The position requires the individual to perform repair and maintenance functions in patient rooms, offices, and other assigned areas of the hospital as well as float to support off-site Hospital-owned properties.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Must read, write as well as perform basic math functions, i.e., add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Must communicate in the English language
- Valid driver's license
- Must work various shifts including weekends as assigned
- Vision must be correctable to 20/20
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital that has served the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We have a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology while providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care. We are proud to be named one of the Top 50 U.S. Hospitals for Heart Care by Thomson Reuters, the only community hospital in California to receive this honor. We were one of five hospitals in the United States recognized by American Hospital Association-McKesson for leadership and innovation in quality improvement. We received The Choice Award by AAHCP for Outstanding Customer Service Delivery, and were one of 24 hospitals and health systems in the nation to receive the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance. As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person, and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Maintenance
Req ID: 153705