Swedish Medical Center is looking for Health Unit Coordinator \(Per Diem, Variable Shift\) to work in Labory and Delivery at the Swedish First Hill Campus in Seattle, WA \.
We are seeking a detail focused, caring, and thoughtful individual to work as a Health Unit Coordinator while promoting the goals and upholding the ideals of Swedish Medical Center in providing excellent care and experience for our diverse patient population\.
In this position you will:
- Perform general secretarial and clerical duties in the patient care areas\.
- Act as a liaison among members of the health care team, patients, and families\.
- Assist the nursing staff in coordinating the activity of the unit\.
- Oversee the orderliness of work areas\.
- Place orders for forms and other clerical supplies\.
- Notify physicians of newborn deliveries\.
- Maintain delivery book and assign newborn security tags\.
- Maintain serial ultrasound schedule and daily ultrasound list\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in related healthcare setting, or completion of a Health Unit Coordinator program, or 3 months in a Swedish internship program
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Working knowledge of Window's based applications
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous experience using electronic medical records
About the First Hill Campus:
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Administrative Support \(Clinical\)
Req ID: 154114