Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Starbucks Barista Lead \(1\.0 FTE, Day Shift\) to work in Starbucks Retail at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Starbucks Barista Lead is responsible for creating the Starbucks Experience for our customers by assisting the store supervisor in executing store operations, ensuring quality customer service, and delegating tasks\.
In this position you will:
- Ensure that customers receive prompt service, quality beverages and products, and a clean and comfortable store environment
- Perform daily floor cleaning and environmental upkeep of store and backroom, and unloads Starbucks product weekly
- Monitor employee development and provide feedback to store supervisor
- Assist store supervisor with additional store functions as needed
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Education or general education degree \(GED\) required
- Current State of Washington Food and Beverage Service Worker's Permit required
- Minimum of one \(1\) year food service experience required
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous coffee/food service and cashing experience in a direct customer
* About the First Hill Campus *
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 142229